Renting Your Home

Information on:

What is my rent used for ?

Your rent is used towards repairs and on-going maintenance to your home. It is also used to repay any money Harrogate Housing Association borrowed to purchase your home.

How can I pay my rent?

By Allpay (a secure way to pay online) – You will need to contact the office for a 19 digit code to ensure the payments go to your account, you can do this by using the contact form to request an Allpay code and then following the steps in this Allpay Leaflet.

By Standing Order – If you pay by Standing Order your payments are spread equally throughout the year on a monthly basis. You can also set up a weekly standing order if your bank or building society allows it. If your rent changes it is your responsibility to instruct your bank to alter the payment. To set up a Standing Order, please call us on 01423 884018.

We are no longer accepting cash payments at the office

Paying by Post

  • To pay by post, simply send a cheque  to Harrogate Housing Association, 10 High Street, Harrogate, HG2 7HY
  • Please make cheques payable to Harrogate Housing Association and make sure you write your name, address and tenancy reference number on the back of the cheque.
View policy
Universal Credit Payments

If you claim Universal Credit this can be paid direct to us, which will make things easier knowing that your rent has been paid.

If you receive partial Universal Credit or Housing Benefit that does not cover your full rent, you will have to pay the remaining amount using one of the methods listed above.

For further information:

Please visit the GOV.UK website or call their helpline on 0845 605 7064

Contact your local Citizens Advice Bureau.

View policy