How we can help
Here at Harrogate Housing Association we are happy to help you in whatever way we can.
Here are some of the ways HHAL can help you and you can always contact us via the contact form or telephone 01423 884018 to chat about how we can help you.
Understanding Benefit Changes
- Universal Credit? – Universal Credit will replace 6 existing benefits (Income Based JSA, Income Related Employment and Support Allowance, Income Support, Working Tax Credit, Child Tax Credit and Housing Benefit) with a single monthly payment. This benefit is being rolled out gradually across the country and is expected to cover all benefit claims by 2017. If you want to discuss your claim please contact us by telephone on 01423 884018 or use the contact form on the website.
- What is Discretionary Housing Payments? – If you are currently claiming Housing Benefit but struggling to pay your rent you could be entitled to Discretionary Housing Payments. For more information on this or to make an application please contact Harrogate Borough Council on 01423 500600 or visit their website https://www.harrogate.gov.uk
- Mutual Exchange – If you are already a customer with us, you could consider swapping your home with another social housing customer through a mutual exchange. Mutual exchange is often the best way to move to a home of your choice. To find someone to exchange your home with, register on www.homeswapper.co.uk. This is a free online service for our existing customers and will help you find other residents who are also looking for a mutual exchange.
Customer Liaison Committee
- We want you to get involved to ensure we continue to improve the services we offer. We value the opinions of all our customers and want to encourage and support our customers to get involved in the work we do. This includes scrutinising our services, carrying out walkabouts on our schemes and developing policies and procedures for HHAL.
- The Customer Liaison Committee is a group of volunteers including our existing customers, who help to review our service and hold management to account. The committee meet once a month at our office and have a direct input into the Board of Harrogate Housing Association through the Chair, Carmen McCormack .
- Find out how to get involved in the Customer Liaison Committee by contacting Carmen on email@example.com or contact us through our contact form.