Welcome to Harrogate Housing Association

Helping you create a home near family & work

We are a small, but expanding, housing association who only operate in the Harrogate District.  We offer homes for rent and on a shared ownership basis.

With a personal, local service we want to help our customers create homes near family and work.

We are currently experiencing a low turnover of our properties and our waiting list is currently closed. Please check back here for updates.

Christmas Opening Hours

Please note we will be closed from 5pm on Friday 24 December and will reopen at 9am on Tuesday 4 January. We will be offering an emergency make-safe service over this period. If there is an emergency with your heating or hot water please call Sure on 0151 7285760. If there is another emergency please call the office on 01423 884018 and follow the instructions in the message.

We do ask that you only attend if its safe to do so and following a negative lateral flow test.


We are now operating an appointment only access to our office. Please do not call to our office unannounced, as there may not be anyone available to help you. If you have an important issue that you need to speak to your Housing Officer about you can do this by contacting the office on  01423 884018. Alternatively you can also send us an email at info@hhal.org.uk.  We respectfully ask that you wear a face mask for a visit to the office.

Action for You

Please follow the NHS guidance on preventing the spread of Coronavirus by following the link https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/

Should you or any member of your household be advised to self-isolate then please contact us by email or phone and let us know In this case then we would not be able to provide the current level of repair service to you. This is to ensure that staff and contractors are not exposed to any possible infection.

Please ensure that if you currently pay your rent by cash at the office, that you set up an electronic payment method, or pay by Allpay (please see, How can I pay my rent section? on this website). Your Housing Officer will be able to help you set this up, please contact them by phone.

If you are unable to work due to self-isolation and not in receipt of sick pay from an employer then you should speak to Universal Credit about making a claim.

Please refer to https://www.understandinguniversalcredit.gov.uk/coronavirus/

  • If you are concerned that you have symptoms or may been exposed to the virus please contact visit the NHS website first and only contact the NHS 111 Coronavirus Service if;-
  • you feel you cannot cope with your symptoms at home
  • your condition gets worse
  • your symptoms do not get better after 7 days